VAT Relief for Disabled People

To obtain VAT relief if you are ‘chronically sick or disabled’ and the goods or services are for your own personal or domestic use, you should print out, complete and sign this declaration and return it to:
VASD, Leatherhead Court, Woodlands Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 0BN  
A family member or carer can complete this on your behalf if you wish. Remember, we are unable to provide VAT relief without this signed declaration.

Click here for your VAT Declaration Form

You can find out more from the Helpsheets at or by telephoning the VAT Disabled Reliefs Helpline on 0300 123 1073.

HMRC staff cannot advise whether or not an individual is chronically sick or disabled.

Qualifying products or services

Usually products designed or adapted for a disability qualify. For example, certain types of:

  • adjustable beds
  • stair lifts
  • wheelchairs
  • medical appliances to help with severe injuries
  • alarms

Call us on 01372 841148 for further advice.