Specially adapted boat
Our canal boat underwent £50,000 renovation in 2012 including an engine overhaul, flooring repairs, windows refurbishment, fixtures and fittings replaced, and new galley facilities. The boat is specially designed and equipped for disabled people. At 55 ft. long and 12.5 ft. wide, she is wider than standard canal boats, giving you comfortable access for wheelchairs. Facilities include a medical bed, hoist tracking systems and a wheelchair battery charger. Our boat is adapted so that severely disabled people can enjoy steering.
- Wide beam for easy mobility below deck
- Accommodation for 8 people with up to 3 wheelchairs.
- Large decks at bow and stern
- Wheelchair-accessible boarding ramps from each deck to the towpath
- Hydraulic lift at both ends for access to interior
- Flush toilets
- Wheelchair-accessible toilet and shower
- Galley with full size cooker, microwave, fridge
- Central heating
- Buoyancy aids for all sizes